Monday, March 10, 2008

how i forgot daylight savings. twice.

Read on dear reader, and I'll tell you a tale of woe. A tale of a multiplicity of stupidities, which will shock and dazzle the mind and hopefully delight your sense of humor. For, lo and behold, not being content to forget daylight savings once, I forgot it twice.

Yesterday Greg and I arrived at St. Luke's, having made heroic efforts to leave on time for once, to find that the doors were closed and no one was handing out bulletins any longer. "Oh, well," we thought, "We're only three or four minutes late." So we walk in, find a seat, and lo and behold, they start singing. But they're not singing the first song listed in the bulletin, oh no! I take a glance at my neighbor's hymnal and realize they're singing the recessional. You know, the one that comes at the END of the service. We're crazy confused. Then Greg realizes that this weekend must be daylight savings. We leave without having been at any kind of church service.

After church, we go to Greg's family's house in Lebanon for lunch, then I do homework all afternoon, and we eat dinner with some friends of his later. I do not go back to my apartment all day. I go back to my apartment around midnight to go to bed, because I've got class in the morning.

I wake up this morning, look at my watch, and realize that although my alarm says 9:25, it is in fact 10:25. I forgot to change my alarm clock. I miss swimming class.

The End.




In other news, this is the most awesome internet video I've seen in a while. . . and no, don't mock me if I'm coming late to internet trends. I've got better things to think about than internet movies all the time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh. We remembered it was DST, which made my day less stressful, but I could have used the sleep.